12 July 2015

Snow Day

We woke up to a little blanket of snow for the first time this morning. Harry's first flakes. It melted not long after breakfast but flurries have continued all day and nice big flakes are still falling as I type.



Night is approaching and the temperature is dropping. I can see a long line of cars slowly trying to leave our sleepy village. Haven't seen so many people since we moved here! The snow has brought many to our mountains home today and it has been a wonderful experience to share! So much joy in the small conversations we have shared with strangers.


A glass of wine in hand now, a roaring fire, a snoring dog at my feet and my boys having a dance to some jazz on the turntable. The backyard is filled with our kangaroos who I'd given many a thought to today, so I am very pleased to see the cold is not effecting them!


Feeling happy, lucky and very, very cosy.
Life does not get much better than this!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely day you had. Sounds like the iconic winter's day in the Mountains.

    ReplyDelete

we'd love to hear your thoughts!